Monday, May 16, 2011

The Edge

i wrote this after seeing this picture by the very talented Mher Krikorian
http://www.flickr.com/photos/krikorianm/5725789062/

i don't even know how close or far i am from his original idea, but that's not the point...

i love it when artworks inspire me...

so here goes...

The Edge:

I stepped aside and let the flow through

Steadily gazing

At the pieces it washed on its way

Didn’t try to hold anything back,

Took an effort…

Yet I ruined another instance of luck…

How was it that you never came back?

How was it that you left me this worthlessness?


I stepped ahead and moved around the truth

Hungrily inhaling

All the scents and remnants of your stay

Didn’t notice it led me back to this place,

Damp and hazy…

How is it that I can’t escape your ghost?

How is it that I can’t hurl back your memory?


I stepped away and came back to the edge…

Hands free this time,

Hands free…


No comments: