Sunday, July 1, 2012

rock bottom?


In these moments:
In these moments I wonder
Where it could have all been
What would have happened if…
That’s a deep well, I know,
But the void is calling me…
In these moments I whisper
Lord, where have you been
Lord, is there an outcome
Could you hurry and let it be
The void is absurd, but the void is better
Than the bottom where I have been lingering
Insipid and flattened
Too many burdens crushing my will
No more senses to sustain any transformation
This is where I don’t want to be
I am no phoenix, turn off the fire
I can’t discern the singing from the screams
Every hand that is extended
Disappears as instantly as it appeared
I can’t appreciate that humor
And I won’t even if I get out of here…
There’s a darker place in the making
And I am terrified of what will happen
In these moments of fear

No comments: