Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Unexpected...

seven months ago i broke my knee,
nasty fall.
pain, surgery, pain, not walking normally, frustration, pain, surgery, pain, not walking properly, hope...
yet in all this, some things became clear... some people helped, unknowingly...

seven months ago something happened...
a parallel path
converging, finally...



Seven months and counting:

Seven months and counting
Yet it still feels fresh
I uncover my senses
And what unravels shocks me…
Did I just do that?
Did I just say that?
How did I feel that?
It’s been creeping up on me
What I am,
What I want to be:
A cat purring
A tree growing
Chocolate oozing
When squeezed gently…
Seven months and counting
And there has been
No predators
No perpetuators
No hunger
No poverty
Simple pleasures
Mutual agreements
And the slow reassurance
That in all this I am still free
Even more,
I’m flying
Through the magic of an elixir,
Secretly given to me
Both my feet are grounded
And my head is clear
Seven months and counting
This is… here…
My energy is enjoying
A seductive resurgence
And the will
And the knowledge
That when there’s silence
I’ll sing my chorus
And repeat, and repeat…

No comments: