Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Untitled

It has been a long time, a very long time, since i wrote anything...
This is far from being good... It is too direct, too weak... But weak is the key word here...
And i had to start again...

I'm sure i'll come back to this one and edit and correct and change it later, but for now it wants to be free...




I don't owe you love
I don't owe you tenderness
I don't owe you different statements
To help you navigate
Your murky waters
This blood, this blood
Dry and crackled it may be
This blood has stained you
But you can still be free

Sometimes i wonder
Why have your smells lost their splendour
Sometimes i shudder
At the memories thoughts of you bring
I end up smirking
At their blatant futility
Then at the hint of a severance
I taste blood and I don't like it...

Yes your melodies have faded
Now all I hear are cacophonies
But the pounding in my chest 
Has become clearer...
Yes I am dancing to a new beat

So,
Away from blame, shame and resentment
I owe you a different dance
And soft fragrances
I owe them to you
And you owe them to me... 

No comments: