Friday, December 5, 2014

Let's play...


Let’s play a game:
You give me 3 numbers (a, b and c) and 3 words.
I will put the 3 words in a poem that has 'a' (between 10 and 100, with up to a 5% margin) words, 'b' (between 1 and 10) paragraphs and 'c' (between 1 and 17) syllables per line.

Leave your choices in a comment below and let's see what I can come up with :)


Here’s what I have done with this game so far: 
(It’s far from being high art, but it's quite fun and gets my creative juices going)

1*
Words: Tea, Dry, See
Numbers: 42, 3, 9

My mouth is dry; let me drink your tea
Or better yet, you drink it and I,
I'll smooth mine on your sultry lips

Golden green, the reflection I see
In your eyes, I'm drowning regardless

Conscientiously... allowing me within...


2*
Words: Bed, Light, Car
Numbers: 53, 4, 8

I turn off the light and pretend
You're already lying in bed

My bed... your smell on my pillow...
Your breath on my face... it's missing

I close my eyes and I pretend
My hands are stroking your body...

Pointless unintelligent act
You're not far, I can take my car.


3* 
(And I can do it en français too :) )
Words: Jaune, Chaise, École
Numbers: 66, 4, 9

Nos autocars étaient grands et bleus
Ou colorés, mais jamais jaunes

Nous n'avions pas de chaises séparées,
Mais des bancs et des classes bondées

L'école commençait tôt et traînait
Toute la journée et puis au soir

C'était devant l'écran de télé
Ou dans mes livres que je jouais

À vouloir vivre dans d'autres lieux
D'autres couleurs et d'autres histoires




Yalla?


No comments: